Saturday 4 February 2012

St Ives. Sept 2010.

A trip to St Ives on the train back in September 2010. The tide was out in the harbour so a friend and I went down and took some fantastic shots. There was so much going on. Seagulls, formations in the sand, the many types of boats. It was a photographers paradise! The sun was out but it wasn't too hot.
This was a school trip with the art department. I managed to clear some extra time in the harbour for photographs! This was after we had been to the TATE St Ives. After the harbour, we went to the Barbara Hepworth museum. It was a great day out. I may have to do a few more posts on this as I took about 200 pictures altogether! I'll pick the best ones. The photos in this post are my most favourite. Enjoy!

Backstreet St Ives, Cornwall.

Fishing Boat, St Ives Harbour.

Something you should know is that with all of my photos, I am very respectful of nature. I try my very best to keep things as natural as possible and with 99% of my photos, that is the case. This photo below is posed, however it was only the limpet in front that I moved and after the photo was taken, it went straight back where I found it. I just wanted a different type of focus, some people don't manage to see the bottom of a limpet, let alone get one off the rock! I had to be quick before this little fella' stuck fast!

Limpets, St Ives Harbour steps.

Sometimes I feel less is more. I prefer this one in black and white.

Barnacles and Limpet, St Ives Harbour.

Mussels on Barnacle Covered Harbour Wall. St Ives Harbour.

Rowing Boats in St Ives Harbour. Taken from harbour wall.
I love the next one. It's framed on my wall. I just love the age it suggests. The rust, the frayed rope, the chipped paintwork.

Aged Boat. St Ives Harbour.
Sometimes I like more focus on the foreground. This works perfectly.

Rusty Chain and Buoy.
In the garden of the Barbara Hepworth Museum. So many sculptures and so much to look at. I looked past some of the more obvious art and found some fantastic natural art. The ivy climbing up one of the sculptures. In another post I will see if I can share some photos of the actual artwork. I want to respect copyright but we were allowed to take photos and there seem to be some of the garden on Google Images anyway. I will at least credit them. 

Ivy Climbing. Barbara Hepworth Museum Garden, St Ives.

No comments:

Post a Comment